Sunday 1 November 2009

Sample sales November 09

Damn it, didn't even know Vivienne Westwood was happening so i've completely missed it again. Probably for the best, as I need to have money left by next weekend for Berlin where I will be on a thrift shop mission and promise to take lots of photos.

This weekend has been lovely. Lots of family time, quality relationship time, nice food, good films... currently making pumpkin pie which involves a ridiculously elaborate process for something so simple, currently in the straining the cooked pumpkin phase. Bad for blog posts though.

Will post on the V&A's RCA graduate show, which I visited and was impressed by on a lovely aimless Friday afternoon, when I can be bothered to do anything productive...

In the mean time I am planning my sample sale strategy for November - the ones I'm entertaining attending are;

Betty Jackson - 3rd & 4th - 311 Brompton Rd., SW3 2DY

M Missoni - 4th - 87 Great Portland St., W1W 7LU

Pringle of Scotland - 4th to 6th - The Courtyard, 255a Pavilion Rd., SW1X 0BP

Ally Capelino - this one is notoriously good and full of lovely leather goods starting at £5 - 11th - Studio 1, 5 Calvert Ave., E2 7JP

Valentino - 26th to 28th - The Music Room, 26 S. Molton Ln., W1K 5AB

Anyone au fait with sample sales knows that they require a certain amount of planning and girding of loins if you expect to come out with anything decent and unbruised. Also, you're not supposed to take cameras, or indeed anything other than your wallet, into the main room. However, I have decided to make it my mission to report on these weird events. So I will try my best to smuggle in a notebook and camera for your benefit. Don't say I never do anything for you.

Unfortunately most of these are happening at times that make it impossible for those of us with jobs to go and survey the bargains on offer without getting fired, so you may have to wait for my first piece of groundbreaking reportage.

No comments:

Post a Comment