Thursday 22 October 2009

Jewellery lust

I am exceedingly picky when it comes to jewellery. I think this is a result of coming from a family with a costume jewellery business and being given unlimited access to the warehouse as a teenager.
I have had enough rubbish diamante to last a lifetime and can see absolutely no reason why I would pay to have more of it in my life.

I still have an awful lot of jewellery I never wear, although friends will be pleased to hear that after my most recent wardrobe edit and the rediscovery of a long-thought-lost jewellery box I currently have a whole shoebox load of costume jewellery to give away at the next swap.

These days I usualy only wear a pendant necklace. In fact its the same pendant every day - the perfect gift from my boyfriend by my favourite jeweller Alex Monroe.



Occasionally I wear my old favourite Feather jewellery by Monroe for a bit of variation. But that's about it.

However, recently my head has been turned by Bittersweets NY's baby vamp ring and some other bits on their gently gothic web site. If I knew my ring size my wallet would already be considerably lighter, but I don't (this is probably a good thing). I keep going back to the site to stare longingly at the lovely things. One day they will be mine.

There have also been some other bits and pieces popping up on other blogs. I found this paper planes necklace from Fredflare.com via Swiss Miss. If only the exchange rate wasn't so shit at the moment...



I also wanted this Hello necklace by Joanna Rutter on Etsy, but it sold out long ago. So I have replaced its space on my wishlist with this super cute Little Toy Boat necklace by Yellow Goat, also on Etsy, which I actually think is better.




No comments:

Post a Comment